Tacoma Probate Attorney
Probate resolves any claims or debts owed by your estate. Probate ensures your property is distributed to your heirs even if you don’t have a will. Through probate a personal representative is appointed for your estate.
At Ladenburg McKasy Durkin Inc. P.S. we offer professional probate services. Our probate attorneys work on an hourly fee basis. We’ll admit your will into probate and notify your heirs and creditors.
A probate attorney also handles disputes with creditors and will prepare all necessary court documents.
- Clarify the assets and terms of your will
- Identify heirs and creditors
- Representation in probate hearings
- Handle family or creditor disputes regarding your will
Our Probate Lawyer Can Take Care of the Details
Full representation essentially means that our probate lawyer will take responsibility for leading the estate through probate from start to finish. Because probate is a court-mandated process, it is important to seek legal representation from an attorney that specializes in all matters surrounding probate.
That process includes handling of all court-related tasks. The court requires specific documentation in regards to personal and real property of the decedent. In addition to court documents that need to be prepared and filed, our probate lawyer will also be responsible for:
- Ordering certified copies of the death certificate
- Depositing the original will with the probate court
- Preparation of an inventory of estate property
- Preparation and filing of decedent’s final income tax return
Finalizing the estate involves analysis of the decedent’s papers, and making telephone calls to a variety of agencies and institutions that may seem overwhelming for the executor. Working with an experienced probate attorney will ensure the probate process is a successful one.