Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined personal injury experience. Each is skilled in representing clients in personal injury cases. Our attorneys are knowledgeable, experienced and thorough in their representation for you. Some of our lawyers have been named “Super Lawyer” by Washington Law and Politics magazine.
Frank B. Ladenburg, Jr.
FRANK B. LADENBURG, JR. was admitted to practice law in the state of Washington in 1974 after attending Gonzaga Law School and has practiced his entire career with the firm. Mr. Ladenburg limits his practice to trial work in the area of personal injury, in particular, motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, construction site accidents, and premises liability.
He has received the following peer recognition:
- Elected President of the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association (now WSAJ)
- Elected President of the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer” by Washington Law & Politics magazine for the years 2003-2009 (only five percent of Washington lawyers receive this honor each year)
- Appointed as part-time municipal court judge
Selected as speaker and author at numerous trial lawyer continuing education seminars
Some of Mr. Ladenburg’s cases have included the following recoveries:
- $2,100,000 head injury settlement for a 17-year-old involved in an auto accident
- $1,500,000 wrongful death settlement of 65-year-old male at sea
- $892,000 jury verdict for wrongful death of 37-year-old housewife
- $700,000 settlement for child injured as a result of medical negligence
- $600,000 wrongful death settlement for 72-year-old male involved in auto accident
- $405,000 jury verdict for bricklayer with shoulder injury at construction site
- $336,000 jury verdict for 50-year-old salesman with back injury sustained after falling in grocery store
- $178,000 jury verdict for a 48-year-old male injured in a fall at an apartment complex
- $135,000 jury verdict for neck and back strain injuries to a 27-year-old carpenter with medical bills of $1,400 and no lost wages.
- Frank’s wife, Denise, is a pediatric nurse practitioner and together, they have six children.
- Frank’s legal assistant is Christa Beasley.
Michael J. McKasy
MICHAEL J. McKASY has worked for the law firm of Troup, Christnacht, Ladenburg, McKasy, Durkin & Speir, Inc., P.S. since 1974, becoming a partner in 1979.
He is a graduate of the University of Minnesota and received his law degree from Seattle University. He and his wife, Peggy, have two children.
Mike has been active in the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association and the Washington Association For Justice (formerly Washington State Trial Lawyers Association).
He has received the following recognition:
- President, Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Special Board of Governors’ Leadership Award, Washington State Bar Association
- Professionalism Award, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- “Super Lawyer” designation by Washington Law & Politics magazine
- Selected as a member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Some of his cases have included the following recoveries:
- $2,000,000 for death of a 61-year-old lady who died in an apartment fire. The apartment complex did not have the alarm system required by the international fire code
- $1,650,000 for death of a 64-year-old man on a moped that was struck by a police officer’s vehicle which was traveling in emergency mode on the wrong side of the road
- $800,000 for construction worker hit and injured in the shoulder by boom of concrete pump truck
- $90,000 for school teacher who fell on a partially repaired side walk while exiting a grocery store, requiring surgery
- $137,500 for 84-year-old lady who tripped on uneven patio around swimming pool at a home she was visiting, injuring her shoulder that had previously gone through a surgical repair
- $95,000 for an 87-year-old client struck by another resident who was driving a motorized scooter in an assisted living facility
- Confidential settlement for spectator at air show where plane crashed and caused amputation involving three fingers
- $2.2 million verdict in pit bull attack case against three dog owners and Pierce County
- Confidential recovery in high seven figures against automobile manufacturer for quadriplegic injuries in roll over accident
- $4,000,000 for 72 year old client rear ended by truck
- $1,115,000 for client with fractured leg in head-on collision
- $325,000 in “bad cop/child rape” case
- $812,500 in worksite electrical shock case
- $786,511 in highway design collision case
- $865,000 in nursing home negligence case
As a general practitioner over the years, Mike had expertise and trial experience in real estate and family law, but now concentrates his practice primarily on personal injury work. His current areas of practice include motor vehicle accidents, product liability, wrongful death, construction site accidents, medical negligence, and premises liability.
Mike enjoys working in a law firm where compassion for the client is paramount and the entire firm provides the teamwork necessary to aggressively represent clients.
Mike’s legal assistant is Kelsey Frey.
John J. Durkin
JOHN J. DURKIN is a 1980 cum laude graduate of the Gonzaga University School of Law. John served as an associate editor of the Gonzaga Law Review and qualified for the National Moot Court Competition after winning the Northwest Regional Competition.
Upon graduation from law school, John was selected by United States Magistrate, Smithmoore P. Meyers, to serve as his judicial law clerk for the Eastern District of the United States District Court for the State of Washington.
In September of 1981, John entered private practice with the firm of Troup, Christnacht, Ladenburg & McKasy in Tacoma, Washington. John’s practice focuses primarily on personal injury, including motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, construction site accidents, pedestrian accidents, product liability, and insurance disputes.
John is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. Membership in ABOTA is by invitation only. John has served on the board of the Washington State Association for Justice (formerly known as WSTLA) for over 7 years. John serves on Gonzaga University School of Law School Board of Advisors.
For the last several years, Washington Law & Politics has designated John as a Super Lawyer. The Super Lawyer designation is limited to 5% of the attorneys practicing in the state of Washington and is awarded based upon peer review by practicing attorneys within the state.
John and his wife Allison have five grown children.
John’s legal assistant is Roxanne Mueller.
James F. Christnacht
JAMES F. CHRISTNACHT was admitted to practice law in the state of Washington in 1984 after having attended the University of Puget Sound School of Law. Mr. Christnacht has engaged in the general practice of law since his admission to the bar. He is admitted to practice before the Washington State Courts, Federal District Court and the Puyallup Tribal Court. His practice has included personal injury, probate, guardianship, wills and estate planning, bankruptcy, misdemeanor criminal defense, domestic relations, real estate, and business law.
Mr. Christnacht is a member of the Washington State Bar Association, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, and the Pierce County Bar Association. He has been involved in the local bar association on the guardianship, family law, and volunteer legal assistance committees. For the past 15 years, he has been actively involved with the Crimestoppers, a nonprofit organization dedicated to solving no-lead crimes.
Mr. Christnacht also acts as guardian for many disabled American veterans both individually and as the director of Comprehensive Guardianship Services, Inc., a nonprofit corporation. He has acted a guardian individually since 1986.
He has also been chairman of the Board of Advisors for the Clover Park Technical College Legal Secretary program.
He and his wife, Debbie, have been married 18 years and have three children.
James’ legal assistant is Sandi Larsen.