Perhaps you have been in an accident and are considering reaching out to a personal injury lawyer. What services will they actually provide beyond what you could do for yourself?
Simply put, a personal injury lawyer manages the injury claim on your behalf. They work to maximize your compensation so you can focus on your healing.
Here are a few of the specific ways they accomplish this:
- Careful evaluation of your claim. Most injury lawyers (including our own) work on a contingency fee basis. In other words, we only collect a fee if we win you a settlement. Because of this, we’re careful to evaluate cases before we accept them.
- Build your case. Once we’ve decided to work together, we’ll gather crucial evidence for your case. This could include police reports, doctor’s reports, witness testimony, video and photo footage, and more. Our goal is to arm ourselves with as much proof of your claim as possible.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. Most of the time, we can settle your case outside of court through negotiations.
- Represent you in court. In the event negotiations stall, a lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf. This is not a process you should handle on your own; rely on a professional.
- Advise you of your rights. Foremost, a trusted attorney will advise you of your rights at every turn – and in plain language that you can understand. We’ll let you know if we think a settlement offer is fair, or if we should pursue a lawsuit – but at the end of the day, we work for you. The decisions along the way are always yours.
Why not give our well-rated lawyers a call now? We’d be happy to answer all of your questions.