No one plans on being in a car accident, but many of us will at some point in our lives. A car accident can bring on countless disruptions to your life. If you are injured in a crash, these disruptions only intensify.
In our post today, we wanted to share a few tips to help you recover.
1. Seek medical care. It’s important to get evaluated and also to follow your doctor’s care plan. This could include visits to specialists, follow up appointments, and physical therapy. While it might seem daunting, especially at first, following this guidance will ensure your optimal recovery.
2. Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. If you don’t have friends or family who can assist, consider alternate options. An injury attorney could help you identify potential sources of help while you get back on your feet.
3. Reduce your commitments where you can. Take a look at your calendar and decide what you may be able to cross off, postpone, or ask for an accommodation. For instance, could you pass on this month’s PTA meeting (or attend virtually)? Could you postpone your weekend getaway for a couple months, when you’ll be able to enjoy it better rested? Perhaps you could ask a friend to step into a volunteer role you’d accepted for a little while?
4. Seek counseling. Don’t neglect your mental health. PTSD, anxiety, and depression are all common after a serious car crash.
5. Be patient with yourself. It can be frustrating to be sidelined with an injury. But take time for proper rest so you can heal properly. As hard as it may be, adjust your expectations for this season.
6. Enlist the help of an injury attorney. If you were a victim and were injured, we highly encourage you to reach out to an experienced injury attorney. They can take on the legal aspects of your case, such as negotiating with the insurance company or even filing a lawsuit if need be. They can be a wealth of information throughout the entire process and come up with resources and ideas you’d not thought of.
If you would like to see if our attorneys could assist you with a crash, please reach out! You can call us at 253.272.5226 or reach out via our short contact form. (Note that Ladenburg McKasy Durkin PS is now Ladenburg Law Injury Attorneys.)