Estate Planning • Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney
Estate planning is about protection. Estate planning will protect your heirs, give directions for how your assets should be handled, and minimize the financial impact of your passing. Estate planning can protect your real property from creditors. At Ladenburg McKasy Durkin Inc. P.S. we offer skilled estate planning services. We’ll help you set up an estate plan that protects your assets and family.
- Wills, trusts, and power of attorney
- Probate actions
- Living wills and health care directives
- Transfer of death deeds
Wills and Trusts
A will details how you want to distribute your remaining assets. Your will names a personal representative to handle your estate. Without wills or trusts your heirs will only get what local statutes allow. Using wills and trusts is a smart way to plan ahead for the future. Ease the burden of your passing with wills and trusts.
- Wills and trusts for estate planning
- Health directives for your health decisions
- Available for younger and older adults
- Gives you more control over your estate
- Document coordination to avoid conflicts
What if you couldn’t make your own healthcare decisions? Healthcare directives instruct loved ones on how to handle your healthcare. Healthcare directives are the low-cost and private way to control your healthcare decisions. Your healthcare directive gives you control even if you’re not able to verbalize your wishes. Let Ladenburg McKasy Durkin Inc. P.S. help you set up clear and binding healthcare directives.
- Gives you control over your personal decisions
- Provides for arrangements in case of serious illness or injury
- Document coordination and assistance
- Includes "Do not resuscitate" requests
Power of Attorney
A power of attorney allows someone you trust to handle your financial and other affairs while you are still living. A power of attorney can be broad or limited. Your power of attorney can be used to plan for the future. A power of attorney can be used if you believe you'll need help handling your own affairs. We’ll work with you to set up a power of attorney that allows you to get help but protects your interests at the same time.
- Establish clear guidelines on your behalf
- Broad and limited power of attorney
- Assistance with county recording requirements
Schedule your free consultation at 253-777-1900. We look forward to meeting with you.